Head Cook Position Available
Spirit of Atlanta Drum and Bugle Corps is actively seeking individuals interested in leading our 2012 Summer Food Program. Interested parties should have some experience in large scale food preparation, maintaining a budget, and nutritional guidelines. Effective leadership and communication skills are highly desirable. (click the "read more" below for further details)
Please contact Mike Hill, Tour Manager, for more information:
email Mike through the contact page or reach him at (423) 361-1056
The Head Cook is responsible for the daily nutrition and efficiency of the meal schedule during the summer tour. This will require managing an allotted budget and volunteer cook staff on the road and communicating general needs to the management staff. Planning ahead for food pick-ups, propane fueling and general cleanliness of the Spirit of Atlanta cook trailer are also expected.
Spring Training begins on May 23, 2012 and the season concludes on August 11, 2012.
It is preferred that the head cook to be present for at least one of the pre-tour camps (next camp is May 4-6).
Commensurate with experience and availability.
Training, education, and experience in the following areas is highly desirable: management, food preparation, education, prior experience in the drum and bugle corps activity, and evidence of leadership capabilities.
Areas of Supervision/Communication:
- Volunteer cook staff
- Food Budget
- Food/Beverage Stock
- Ensures cleanliness of food prep facilities and that standard food safety guidelines are met
- Loading/Securing of cook trailer prior to departure of housing sites
- Unloading of cook trailer upon arrival to housing sites
- Operation of amenities of food trailer
- Open Communication of needs with Corps Director and tour management
- Conduct on and around the food trailer